• Hand crafted by Mr Fujikawa a Japanese master craftsman with over 30 years experience
• Specially laminated blades allow cutting edge to stay sharper for longer
• White paper steel blades coated with a forged soft iron hardened to HRC 62
• Hollow ground backs keep friction between the chisel and workpiece to a minimum
• Unparalleled in performance by modern day chisels
• Easy to sharpen and hone for a long-life razor sharp edge
• Fitted with red oak handles renowned for absorbing shock
Each and every one of the chisels in this set is hand made in Mr Fujikawa's workshop in Miki City, Japan. Hold one of these chisels in your hand and it is easy to see that these are genuine craftsman's tools.
The laminated blade features a white paper steel back that forms the cutting edge with a softer iron hand forged over the top. This white paper steel is hardened to HRC62, making it much harder than the steel blades of western chisels enabling it to take and hold an unbelievably sharp edge. The backs of the chisels are hollow ground to reduce friction and for greater stability when cutting close to the edge. These chisels are mounted on solid Japanese red oak handles using a combination of tang and loose tapered ferrule to give exceptional support to the blade. Japanese red oak is renowned for its shock absorbing properties. Mr Fujikawa's blacksmiths are masters of their craft and produce chisels that are unparalleled in performance.
Simply superb and a joy to use. If you only ever buy one set of chisel make it these. They are a class apart from Western chisels.
Written By:Robert Arden
I find these chisels excellent for fine detail work. The short blade length enables close control allowing you to precisely clean out dovetails and recesses. They are extremely sharp straight from the box, in fact each one had already cut through the protective edge sleeve in the inner box. After three weeks of work mainly with hard woods I have yet had the need to re-sharpen. As soon as you take a chisel out of its box you can see that they are hand forged and finished. They are a delight to use and I feel I am privileged to own a set that must have taken so many man hours and years of experience to manufacture.